Sunday, January 14, 2007

Planning

It is Sunday night and I am planning out my week. I usually try to assess what is in the pantry and freezer to see what my feasting options are. I then try to pair it with whatever is on sale at the grocery store. I also explore what my options are for preparing food ahead of time. I have a ham in the freezer that I purchased when they were on sale at Christmas. I have ingredients for corn pudding that were also on sale at some point. I think I will do twice baked potatoes as well. I will plan a healthier vegetable after I check out the sale paper. I also have the ingredients to make an apricot-honey glaze for the ham. It took me some time to get in the mind set to always be on the look out for sale priced ingredients that would make great feasting options. I rarely pay full price for these things. It takes planning. I am usually thinking a few weeks off. I will let you know through the week how my preparations are going. I would love to hear tips from anyone else on this subject.

Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

I just read your article on the abondanteliving website! Last time we got together you were telling me that you wanted to write that article and I'm glad you did. Having a weekend feast is one thing I am working on incorporating even though it is just Kevin and I (and Baby Claire) I'm enjoying reading your blogs to see how you do it. I was also glad to see that you sometimes move the feast day. Saturday evenings are for us really a social night. We are going to try to have our feast night on Sunday's after church. Thanks for the tips! It has been very incouraging!
- Donna

Julie said...

Donna,
I think it is great that you are starting this while Claire is a baby. She will never know any different. Wouldn't be great to raise a generation of children who see the Sabbath as a day to celebrate and set aside as special?

Julie