Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Idea Wednesday

I have been leading a study on Nancy Wilson's The Fruit of Her Hands. This week's chapter was Principles and Methods. I feel compelled to say that I would never want anyone to think I see my ideas as principle. I love hearing ideas from others and know that I will practice some and not others. Feasting and any idea I give is just a method to assist in practicing the principle of celebrating the Sabbath. Okay, now that is said so let's move on to some ideas. As I have tried to think of ways to get the family involved I have decided to let them take more of a part in the menu planning. For those of you who know me well, know that this is a huge sacrifice for me. I love reading through cookbooks and magazines to find different recipes and wait for my husbands response as to if it is a do over or not. He just has to say two words to make my day."Company worthy" There is nothing better to my ears than hearing those words after I have worked really hard to prepare a nice meal. It is a little of a joke because the children will say it just to be polite. But, if it is not true they usually cannot say with out a very strange look on their faces. Anyway, I realized that one of the things that makes their special days so special is the fact that they have control over the menu that day. They will not plan the entire Sabbath Feast. Maybe just the dessert. I shop according to sales therefore, some weeks there is not as much flexibility. They then of course get to help cook the dish they chose. This is also a great way to help prepare your daughters to be comfortable in the kitchen. This may not be something exciting in your home, but it has been a hit in ours.

No comments: