Thursday, August 23, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sarah Beth!!



Today is my baby girl's 6th birthday. Every birthday she has kills me. We had several years of heart breaking infertility before having her. The doctor had tears in his eyes when we finally had a healthy sonogram.(It seemed as though the pregnancy was not viable. We were doing one more last ditch sonogram before a D&C.) Needless to say there are a lot of emotions wrapped up in this child. We try not to spoil her, but being the sister of 3 brothers and Daddy's princess it is hard sometimes. We do a birthday feast for each child. She has chosen hamburgers, asparagus, tomato salad, potato chips, and brownies. I love seeing their menus! So, we are off now to get party supplies for tomorrow night. We do not do friend parties every year. This happens to be one.

I told you I would post our Sabbath feasting menu. We forgot it was a fellowship meal week for church. It is a Mexican theme this time. We do not have a huge feast at home on these weeks. It is too much to prepare food for both on Saturday. We will still celebrate the Sabbath together as a family on Saturday night. We will grill something and have a few salads to go with it.


You will have to turn sideways. I do not know how to turn my pictures around:)

2 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday to your precious little girl!

I love her menu. Sounds like my 15-year-old's meal of choice -- minus the asparagus and tomato salad, of course!

Momathon said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl! My heart is warmer knowing her story and seeing her bright smile :-) Thanks for sharing her!