Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Let's Talk Menus

We had a very busy holiday weekend. On Sunday we had a clam bake with about 55 people. Lots of fun! We started school yesterday. Also lots of fun. With all of that over I am now thinking about our feast this weekend. I have a london broil in the freezer so I will grill it in a marinade. We will have corn on the cob. It is almost out of season. I see the Amish clearing the fields everyday now. We have not done twice baked potatoes in a while, so we will do those. We will most likely have a salad and I am not sure about dessert yet. What are you having?

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

What kind of marinade do you use with Lodon Broil?

Julie said...

I have several that I use, but this is one of my favorites.

Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry red wine
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 green onions (green parts only), chopped

Root Vegetables, recipe follows

Combine marinade ingredients in a measuring cup and whisk to combine. Pour over pork tenderloin in a plastic bag. Marinate overnight.

As you can see it can also be used for pork. Also, I have used dried ginger and left out the red wine if I did not have any open.