Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Idea Day

My husband and I have always felt a calling towards international missions. We have done several short term trips. For various reasons it has never worked out to do it full-time. Because of this calling we have a fascination with people from other nations. Sometimes I feel as though my children are not developing this fascination. I have decided a good way to help in this area would be to designate once a month international Sabbath feasting. I will pick a country and cook food from that region. We will learn together about their culture, their spiritual climate and other interesting things. We will make this a missions centered night. We will discuss ways to pray for this nation and point out the differences in the gods they may serve and the God we serve. If you have teenagers this would be a great opportunity to let them invite friends and their families. Get the kids involved. Give the older ones the responsibility of researching this country. If you have one that likes to cook, have them find the recipes. The little ones can help make center pieces that incorporate that country in some way. Be creative. I think this could be fun for the entire family. It will also be a good reminder that Christ's Church is made of all nationalities and we will all participate in the Lamb's High Feast one day. Please share your ideas.

No comments: