Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

In our family worship this morning my husband asked if it was too short of notice to prepare a feast for tonight. He does not want to over look Good Friday and thought that ending the day in feasting and thanksgiving to our Saviour would be great. So, I am off to the store. We have been invited to spend Easter with friends, so I would not be doing a whole feast that day. We will move tomorrow's feast to tonight. As I thought about his request I realized that as a family we have really neglected Good Friday. Sometimes I feel we forget the incredible sacrifice that was made for us. Yes, the miracle is in the resurrection, but there would be no resurrection without the death. As Christians I am afraid we take God's love and Christ's death for granted. I am now looking forward to the worship time we will have together tonight. What are your plans for the Easter weekend?

No comments: