Monday, April 9, 2007

Wow, it seems as though it has been months since we have feasted. It has not been that long. We have had sickness and travel and a few times we feasted with others in their homes. It has been a while since I started my Monday with planning my menu for our Sabbath feast. I do this on Monday so I can plan through the week to make things a little easier on Saturday. We are in soccer season now, therefore I will not have my entire Saturday to cook and clean. This week we will be having guests. We are so excited. A year ago we bought a table with 9 leaves. We had a Mennonite man make it for us. Well, we do not have a dinning room and our kitchen was too small to pull it out. What did we do? We just spent the last two months having a wall knocked out and a little rearranging in the kitchen. The table can now stretch out and seat 18 to 20 people. We will have 17 people for our feast this weekend. I cannot wait. I will do a marinated London Broil because I found it on sale a few weeks back and have enough in the freezer to feed that many. I will do rosemary roasted potatoes, corn pudding, spinach salad and rolls with a flavored butter. For dessert I will do a Chocolate Toffee Trifle. Here are some of the recipes. If you want one that I do not post, let me know. I do not have time now to do them all.


Marinaded London Broil

Rosemary Balsamic Marinade

1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
6 rosemary sprigs, coarsely chopped
Whisk together ingredients. Marinate the meat for several hours. Broil or grill.

Corn Pudding ( This is like a Southern style baked corn.)
2 cans cream style corn
6 eggs
1 cup milk
2 TBS flour
1 stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla
salt to taste
3/4 cup of sugar

Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Melt the butter in a glass casserole dish. Stir together all of the other ingredients. Pour into the casserole dish with the butter. Be careful the dish will be hot from melting the butter in the oven. Bake for 1 hour or until the dish is golden on top.

No comments: