Thursday, April 12, 2007

Does it Have to be So Hard?

I have heard people ask the question, does it have to be so hard? No!! If feasting is something you dread, then by all means start over with something you love! I have said this before, but I do not think I can over emphasise it. DO NOT think you have to do what "the Jones's" do. The purpose of starting traditions is to give your family something that you all love to celebrate with for generations to come. I love hearing ideas from others, but sometimes I hear things that I know will not work in my home. We have to be mature enough to realize what works in my home may not work in yours. I have also said before that I love to cook. I love to try new recipes for our Sabbath feast. I like for them to be more on the gourmet side. I would call it it a hobby. Does that mean when I go to someone's home and they serve me a casserole or maybe hot dogs that I think they should have done more. Absolutely not!! i know not every one shares my hobby, just as I would not share their's. Let's all remember that Sabbath keeping is a principal full of many methods. Let's continue sharing ideas while remembering we do not have to use every one we read.

Julie

P.S. I said I would share with you through the week as I prepare for our big feast this weekend. Today I will make my menu in detail and make the grocery list. I will clean the house so on Saturday if we all work together we can do the last minute cleaning very quickly.

No comments: