Monday, February 5, 2007

So Much More than a Meal

My husband will often ask my children for the reasons that we have Sabbath feasts. Some one always says "to remind us of the feast we will have with God one day." They will then go on to say that they cannot wait to have communion tomorrow, because it reminds them of our covenant with God, which reminds them again of the Marriage Feast we will have in eternity. It is always refreshing to me to know that my children are thinking about this. One of my favorite hymns is At the Lambs High Feast We Sing. "At the Lamb's High feast we sing, praise to the victorious King, Who hath washed us in the tide Flowing from His Pierced side. Praise we Him, Whose love divine Gives His sacred blood for wine, Gives His body for the feast, Christ the Victim, Christ the Priest." What an incredible description of God's sacrificial atonement. These conversations are always a reminder to me that Sabbath Feasting is about so much more than putting a great meal on the table.

Julie

No comments: