Thursday, January 25, 2007

Is it hard for your family to decide what standard to set for feasting? We have never really struggled, because my husband is not one to think he has to do what everyone else is doing. I do know families that struggle with this. When you fellowship with a community that feasts regularly this is not as hard because you have others to learn from. If you decide that the same"rules" apply for Sabbath feasting that apply to Sunday worship, then you have a good starting place. We did this knowing this meant we would be offering our best. We have always believed we offer Christ our best when we worship Him. AS I have said before this meant creative budgeting for us. I think we should all remember that our "best" is different for each household. I love to cook. I cook a hot home cooked meal most every night. To make it special on Saturday takes a little work. I have friends who do not cook. When they do cook on Saturday, their feast is different than mine. I have been touched to be invited to feast with a family that lives this way. I knew the food she prepared took hours of thought and labor because it did not come naturally. Those who love to do this, because it is gift God has given them, need to not be quick to judge those who may not have the same gift. They have many that I do not have, and prayed that I did. I will say this often, because I truly believe it. Feasting is about bringing a love of celebrating the Sabbath to your home. You may do it differently than I, as long as the end goal is the same.

Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.