Sunday, January 28, 2007

This Week's Feast

This weekend was a very busy time for us. I seem to always over book on the weekends that we are having guests for our feast. This time was no different, but we still had a great time with our friends. We had a london broil marinated in an incredible sauce. I purchased it from Abondante Living. I threw away the bottle, but I think it was a sesame, garlic and maple sauce. We had broccoli casserole, roasted potatoes, green beans sauteed with balsamic vinegar and topped with toasted pine nuts and feta cheese. We also had bread with honey butter and cheesecake and a chocolate roll for dessert. For the appetizer we did brie on a slice of baguette, topped with cherry and plum preserves(also from Abondante Living) and a basil leaf. That was a big hit. I know some of you are wondering how a meal like this fits in to my budget. It doesn't. We will have to sacrifice on our weekday meals this week and possibly the next, but I would not trade the time we had with our friends. I will post a couple of the recipes tomorrow. It is time to get the kids to bed.

No comments: